We have a simple ingredient dog treat recipe that only requires 1 ingredient…yes only 1! This means less time spent in the kitchen, and more time playing with your pup. Both of you will be thankful!
The source of this magical time-saving recipe is the sweet potato! Many people enjoy sweet potato fries and now your dogs can do! Sweet potatoes provide many health benefits such as:
- High in fibre
- Low fat
- Contain vitamin B6, C and manganese
- Full of antioxidant beta-carotene
The antioxidant beta-carotene is helpful because it helps to convert Vitamin A. Vitamin A is an important part to help your dog’s growth, sight, and muscle strength. Loss of Vitamin A can lead to poor vision quality, lower hair and skin quality. Sweet potato treats are a fantastic way to keep your dog healthy…and they will love the sweet taste!
You can also add our hemp CBD oil to the treat before baking! This is a fantastic way to combine your dog’s CBD dose with a healthy and delicious snack! Enjoy!
- 3 raw sweet potatoes
- 1 500 or 1000 mg CannaCanine hemp CBD oil (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2. Wash the sweet potato thoroughly.
3. Cut down the middle lengthwise.
4. Then cut long lengthwise slices about 1/3 of an inch wide.
5. Lay flat down on a cooking sheet.
6. Add your dog’s dose of CBD to each treat (optional)
7. Bake in the oven at 250 F for 3 hours.
8. Let cool and store in sealable containers.
For crunchier treats, you can leave the sweet potatoes in the oven longer.
We will be sharing more fantastic recipes that save you time while providing health benefits for your pup!